Clients must sign an Acknowledgment and Release of Liability disclosure and consent statement prior to initiating the life coaching process. They must sign to acknowledge they understand the information below. They must agree to hold harmless Our Written Lives (OWL of Hope, LLC) and the Life Coach from all liabilities and claims which may arise as a result of participation in author/writing/life coaching.
Author & Writer Coaching, as provided by Our Written Lives LLC, is a form of Christian Life Coaching.
1. Life Coaching, or Author & Writer Coaching, is not a professional counseling service. We do not provide psychotherapy or counseling services, diagnose or accept health insurance. Life coaching sessions, or author or writer coaching sessions, are not a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, mental health care or substance abuse treatment. We will recommend and refer clients to professional counseling services in their local area if we believe there is a need.
2. Our coaching service is a collaborative process that is present and future oriented. It is action and goal oriented, solution focused and encourages change. It involves accountability and commitment to growth through increased competence, commitment, and confidence.
3. As the client, you set the agenda for these sessions and your success will largely depend upon your willingness to define goals and try new approaches. You can expect me, as your author/writing Christian life coach, to be honest and direct, asking straightforward questions and offering challenging techniques to help you keep moving forward.
Confidentiality is an important element of the coaching process. Your identity and ongoing work will be kept strictly confidential. I will only release information about our work with your written permission, or if I am required by court order.
The following exceptions will apply:
1. There are a broad range of events that are reportable under child protection statutes. Physical or sexual abuse of a child will be reported to Child Protective Services. When the victim of child abuse is over age 18, I am not legally mandated to report it unless I believe that there are minors still living with the abuser who may be in danger of being abused. Elder abuse is also required to be reported to the appropriate authorities.
2. If you are at imminent risk to yourself or someone else or make threats of imminent violence against another person, I will take appropriate action to report risks and threats to authorities.
Fee Schedule & Payments
1. Sessions are $55 per 1-hour session. We require a 3-month commitment to two 1-hour sessions per month.
2. Payment is due prior to each session and paid on a monthly basis. We are not a healthcare provider and do not accept insurance coverage for sessions.
3. We request that you provide at least a 24-hour notice if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, otherwise you will be charged for the session in full.