“What a joy it has been having my book published through OWL of Hope. Rachael is professional, efficient, available when needed and so knowledgeable about all aspects of publishing. Each book she publishes, including mine, looks and is of the highest quality.” -Emra Smith, Author of Your Story Matters
Publish Your Book
You can take your business or ministry to the next level when you publish your book as an independent author. Publication prices depend on the length of your book, as well as cover choices (paperback/hardback), interior design (color or black and white), if you want original cover art, etc. We will provide a specific estimate for your situation through the consultation process. Our pricing does not include manuscript editing, but we do provide editing services for an additional fee. An editing sample and estimate are provided during the initial consultation process.
Manuscript Submission & Consultation
1. Request initial communication using the contact form. We will email you to set up an appointment to discuss your book.
2. Submit your full or partial manuscript in Word format to the email address we provide in our initial follow-up communication.
3. After our initial conversation and your manuscript submission, it’s time to begin the official consultation. Our consultation fee is $100 and includes the following:
- Feedback on your manuscript
- Recommendations for editing, sample edits & an editing estimate
- A sample publishing contract to review. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to email or save your inquiry for the phone appointment.
- A 30-minute+ phone, Skype or Facetime meeting to discuss publication options
- Note: If your book is not a good fit for OWL services, you will not be charged the $100 fee or receive the above consultation. You will receive a polite email response.
Accepted manuscripts will compliment Judeo/Christian values regardless of if the content is directly presented as religious, faith-based, or not, and will align with our Statement of Faith and Values. Our Written Lives is not affiliated with a particular denomination but identifies as an independent Spirit-Filled Christian organization that holds to Apostolic doctrine. The decision to accept a manuscript is based on the publisher’s discretion. We work on a limited number of books each year. At this time, we are only working with U.S. Citizens or with companies that have a U.S. EIN.
0-50 Pages: $1,000
51-100 Pages: $1,500
101-200 Pages: $2,000
201-300 Pages: $3,000
301-450 Pages: $4,000
401-500 Pages: $5,000
Publishing Packages Includes:
• One-on-one consulting and collaboration
• Layout and design of the book
• Cover Design (original cover art options available)
• Library of Congress catalog number
• Listing in Barnes and Noble, Amazon.com, etc.
• Listing on OWL Blog, Website, and Newsletter
• The first 50 books mailed directly to you (U.S. only)
• Future book order cost of printing + shipping + $2/book
• Access to advertising opportunities and promotions
• Membership benefits from the Christian Small Publisher Association
• One year+ contract, author retains rights, no minimum book purchase requirements
- Copyright filing is an optional service, which requires an additional $150. Filing with the copyright office can take up to 8 months or longer. The filing fee is $55 as well as submitting two print copies of your book. It is not mandatory to submit a copyright registration. I am happy to discuss this option and weigh out the benefits of copyright filing with you during the consultation process.
- Kindle E-book edition is an additional fee based on the length of your book, starting at $150.